Time for a blanket!
DH's boss' family welcomed a little one into the world last week. It was touch-and-go for awhile, breathing problems caused the baby to be in NICU for an entire week. Baby is home with family now, doing just fine.
I decided to try my hand and designing a rag-quilt:
Cutting squares 8.5" each All cut and ready to design
After sewing "X"s on each pair of squares, the design was layed out and rows sewed together - all seam allowances on the same side.
All rows sewed together. Snipping of allowances ensued - every half inch - wine was definitely needed for this task!
Before washing and drying.
AND... ALL DONE!
And can't forget a close up of that rag-fringe:
I'm very happy with how it turned out - really cute and very professional looking. The finished dimension is slightly above 36" square. I think Andy may want one for himself - he kept saying how cute it was and how he would love to have his own large rag blanket! I told him that I would make one for him on two conditions - 1. He has to go with me to pick out the fabric and 2. He has to snip all of the seam allowances! (I guess you can tell what part of the project I didn't like) We'll see if he goes for it :)