Oh how I love this top - the pattern, the fit, the drape of the silk - I'm in love:
Yarn: ArtFibers Golden Chai, Color #30; Used about 5-1/2 balls.
Needles: Addi's US3s and US2s, circular 24", in order to obtain a closer gauge to that of the pattern.
Alterations: Quite a few, and simply because it's knit from the top-down and it's possible to try it on as you go:
1. Knit extra increases on the v-neck edges to get the right fit in the front for the v-neck point to end.
2. Knit two extra inches in length after joining in the round, before starting the purl ridges.
3. Added decrease rows after the first two extra inches to get a more fitted look under the bust and at the waist. This resulted in an extra inch in length before starting the purl ridges.
4. Worked 2.5" of lace detail in order to prevent the garment from being too long.
5. Placed the dart markers at 22 sts instead of 20 or 24.
6. Completed three hip shaping increase sets instead of four in order to maintain a more fitted look.
7. The alterations for the sleeves included working 1.5" of stockinette before starting the purl ridges and lace section; and working just 2.5" of the lace detail in order to be consistent with the main body.
Impressions: Lovelovelove the pattern. The only thing I wish the pattern had was the conversions from "how many rows to knit" to "how many inches/cm to knit to" until starting the next section or increases/decreases. In this respect, the pattern is written how a Debbie Bliss pattern is written. Luckily with the ability to try it on as you go, this wasn't really a big issue - just something for the wish list.
This is the first garment I have knit in the round, and I love it. I seem to have a seaming issue, so the fact that there were no seams whatsoever was a huge plus!
The ArtFiber's Golden Chai is loverly! Originally I had this slated for a different top, but changed my mind upon seeing the SKB pattern. I think it was a good choice :) It ends up that I have two and a half balls left of the Chai (some +/- 400 yards) so a small shawl or scarf maybe in order.
Can you tell I just love it??