After spending the last few evenings sewing in zippers (yes, plural), the Homme sweater for DH is finally done!
And let's not forget the model shots:
It is a perfect fit and he just loves it! Yeah! Too bad it is still quite warm in San Diego... we are not sure when he will have the opportunity to wear it out-and-about.
Pattern: Phildar's #418, Homme #77
Yarn: Phildar Sport Laine in Black.
Needles: Addi Turbos, US7s.
Alterations: I added a single crochet edge to the zipper openings prior to sewing in the zippers. Other than that, I made no other changes.
Impressions: The resulting sweater turned out fantastic, and I couldn't be happier or more proud of myself. DH is a very happy recipient and just loves the cut and style. On the flip side, I discovered that I am not a fan of knitting black garments.... especially in a wool and acrylic blend yarn. I am especially not a fan of knitting stitch patterns that do not show up well with the yarn used (the ribbing in this sweater is actually a twisted rib, it's just really difficult to tell). Hence it took me over a year to finish (I started this sweater in October 2005).
I told DH that I would knit him another sweater... but that he has to give me a year to get it done :)