Just under the deadline for January's goals, a finished an eight-gored corduroy skirt:
Pattern: New Look 6649, View C. Size 14 from pattern envelope.
Fabric: Three yards of dark grey corduroy that I purchased at Joann's during a sale for $2.99/yard.
Alterations: I made a full yoke facing, of course, as this seems to be my standard alteration with skirts :) I also did some top-stitching on the gore seams.
Cost: Fabric - $8.97. New Look Pattern - $3.99. Zipper - $1.49. Thread came from the stash. Total - $14.45! And the best part is that there is about a yard of fabric left over to make a handbag :)
Impressions: The construction of the skirt was simple and straightforward. I'm a little disappointed in the fit around the hips, but it's really my own fault...
In my on-again-off-again quest to lose a bit of weight, I'm currently in between pattern size measurements. This is a good thing because it's towards the getting smaller end, but frustrating because of the sizing. The last New Look skirt I made was just a bit too big and this one is just a bit too small. Argh! I think I need to invest in some French curve / fashion rulers and maybe take this muslin class so that I can finally fine-tune my fitting skills and get the perfect fit. Or just stick to my quest and truly be the next size down :)