I'm quite embarrassed to say that it has been almost two years since I have worked on Myrtle. The last couple of months I even contemplated ripping it out and using the lovely Noro Silk Garden yarn for something else because the long sweater style doesn't seem to be the "in" thing at the moment.
But then, I pulled Myrtle out of her container, and thought I would be CRAZY to rip it out... knitting a hood and seaming and she would be done! I will finish it regardless!
But after looking over my notes, and looking at the pieces, I realized something was terribly wrong. Taking into consideration that this was my first attempt at knitting a sweater, and that I had followed the pattern direction to the T, not questioning how that pattern was written, something just was not right.
The neck shaping was off. Really off. As in the neck shaping was done on the armhole side! Duh! And the pattern does have the neck shaping start on the armhole side. If I had the experience then that I have now, I certainly would have caught that discrepancy.
Anyway, ripping definitely in the cards for me, regardless. So, the left one is done, and I had the right one still to go:
It really did not take that long to do:
So, the shoulder seams needed to be put together, then it was on to the hood knitting! I've been working on it here and there since the beginning of the month. She is so large it makes for knitting that can really only be done at home:
Definitely coming along nicely:
I'm about halfway through the hood portion. Then there will be lots and lots of seaming in my future. I think I may have to consider an edging as well. The bottom portion of the sweater rolls like crazy, so depending on the amount of yarn left over at the end, I may be adding some kind of crochet stitches before calling in finished.