After use of a fan, a couple days of drying and a try-on, it's finished!
Pattern: Bonsai Tunic, by Norah Gaughan. Published in Interweave Knits Spring 2007
Yarn: Berroco Bonsai in Satsuki Green (#4149). I used 9 hanks plus some of another, leaving almost three left over.
Needles: Addi Turbos, US7s and US5s. I had to decrease my needle size due to gauge.
Alterations: Instead of the bind-off sequence for the neck shaping, I decided to give short row shaping a go. I really liked the resulting final bind off at the edge - nice and smooth, no stair-stepping effect. This made the seaming of the back extensions from the front portion a breeze.
Impressions: Considering this tunic only took two weeks to fall into the FO list, I guess you could say I really liked knitting it! The resulting fabric of the yarn after blocking was impressive. The garment has a very good drape with a silk-like hand. I'm curious to see how it will hold up during wear as it seems heavy while holding up the garment by the shoulders, but not heavy while wearing. It actually feels really lightweight, something that I can definitely wear during the warmer months. Also, there does not seem to be any stretching in length due to this heaviness during wear, something that I've seen in knit silk garments.
I'm not sure how I feel about the I-cord tie. I could do with or do without it really. I guess it will depend on my mood when I wear the garment. I really liked how the pattern was written and the resulting piece. This tunic definitely falls into the must wear category at the moment :)