I liked the other one so much, I couldn't wait to make another one!
Pattern: Simplicity 3759.
Alterations: As before, I serged in the sleeves flat - prior to constructing the underarm and side seams. I also straight stitched the hems on this one, instead of going the rolled hem route, twin-needle style.
I wanted to play with making the sleeves just a tad bit longer, so I added 5/8" to the hem on the pattern piece before cutting out the fabric.
The stretch on this fabric did not "give" as much as the previous one. Prior to serging the side seams I machine basted the seams at 5/8" and determined that I needed just a wee-bit more room. I set the serger for 3/8" and it worked out perfectly. I also did not care for the longer length in this tighter fabric (no need to over accentuate those hips!), so I cut 2" off the bottom prior to doing the 5/8" hem.
Cost: The fabric was $1.50 total (it was at the Loft for $2/lb!). I've already accounted for the cost of the pattern. Thread came from the stash. Total = $1.50. Nothing quite like getting a new t-shirt for only a buck-fifty!
Impressions: Another great fit on a t-shirt I made myself. This pattern is super fast and easy - especially with putting in the sleeve flat. I think I had this one done in about two hours, cutting to finish.
I like the longer length in the sleeve, and plan to use that application again. I'm also very happy with the new bottom hem length, especially since the fabric is not as free-flowing as the first t-shirt I made.