Been awhile since the last post. I'm still here, and still getting huge pregnancy-wise.
A bit has been happening around here, I've just been a very bad blogger. So, let's just do a random Friday...
1. We've been shopping around for cars:
I currently drive a pretty-fuel efficient 2002 Saturn coupe, but the issue is that the Saturn is a three-door. Not exactly the most accessible back seat for baby transportation. The bonus is that it's paid off and the idea of having a car payment doesn't exactly make me the happiest bunny. I do, however, see the need to get a new car. I've been doing lots of research on Edmunds, Consumer Reports, and Motor Trend. My criteria is - safety (been using iihs.org, it's the best!), fuel efficiency (no huge SUV here), comfort, and price. At the top of the list is the 2008 Subaru Impreza 5-door, DH and I loved test driving this car. Others we've taken for a spin are the Honda Fit and the Nissan Versa. So far the Versa is number two on the list. We still need to test drive the Toyota Matrix and the VW Rabbit 5-door. If you have any experience with these cars let me know, I would love to here about it.
2. I'm officially on maternity disability leave:
Had a doctor's appointment yesterday - and I'm "puffy" (that's an official medical term I guess!). I've gained nine pounds since my last appointment two weeks ago and the doctor thinks it's mostly water weight. Not so good, and let me tell you, not the most comfortable condition to be in. The decision was to put me out on disability so I can get more rest and hopefully decrease the water retention. I'm afraid I might go stir-crazy. Unfortunately I cannot sit in front of my sewing machine for more than a couple hours at a time, so it looks like I will be doing lots of knitting and reading - with napping and sewing in between. Oh, and it will also give me more time for blog posting - big bonus!
3. I still owe a FO post on my last maternity skirt. It's been on the hanger for a couple of weeks. Maybe I'll wait until I'm not so puffy!
4. I wrapped up a messenger bag last week - I owe a FO post on that one too.
5. I started sewing a baby romper. With my limited ability to be in front of the machine for an extended period of time, it's going to take me awhile to finish. But, I could post my progress thus far.
6. I've also started knitting a Baby Surprise Jacket. I plan on making a lot of progress on it today (you know, since I'm not working anymore). Post to come soon.
Looks like I have a lot of blog posting to do! Have a great weekend!