After receiving a hand-sewn romper from Cora recently, I decided that I just had to make one out of flannel in order to beef-up Jake's fall and winter wardrobe.
This is an OOP New Look romper pattern. I added a few inches to the length to get a longer pant look. The monkey flannel print came from a recent Joann's purchase.
I finished off the facings by stitching the interfacing to the facing pieces prior to fusing. All the inside seams are serged. My hope is that it will survive toddler-wear-and-tear and multiple washing for quite awhile.
I did attempt some modeling shots, although they are not the best. Capturing a toddler on the run has been challenging. I do have to say he's the cutest monkey ever!
I guess I added too much length because we have to roll the bottoms about an inch. But, maybe he'll get taller over the next couple of months and it won't be a problem for too long.
Thanks for stopping by and reading!