I had a fantastic time at Stitches West this year. There is nothing quite like great company, a knitting class, good wine, some bead shopping, and lots of knitting to make a spectacular weekend! Although I missed DH and Jake desperately, it was nice to have some girlie time out of town.
Each year we go we seem to come home with less and less. This is a good thing. We have become more selective about our purchases, really putting some thought into what we already have waiting for us at home and what we will actually use.
My haul is on the right. Starting at the top (twelve o'clock) and going clockwise:
- Scored six skeins of dusty pink Cotton Fleece from an out-of-business vendor for $13 (steal!)
- Two skeins of Brooks Farm Willow. This is the first time I've seen them carry this yarn, it is a worsted weight blend of super wash wool and bamboo. My thought is that this is a good blend for San Diego weather.
- Louet Gems Fingering, enough for three pairs of socks and one shawl. This was another big bargain at $3.50 a skein.
- Another purchase from Brooks Farm - Solo Silk in two different colorways. One of these was a clearance skein the other was not.
- And lastly Blue Moon's Peru. I simply fell in love with a sample they had of the Cable Button Wrap they had displayed in this yarn. Seriously, LOVE. Samples sell yarn! It was my most expensive per skein yarn purchased, and I simply cannot wait to start this wrap. Must clear some things off needles first.