In thinking about how to use the bodice sloper, I decided that making changes to a simple top would be a good start.
After looking at some reviews on Pattern Review, Simplicity/Threads 2614 seemed like a good choice, view A - the cap sleeved version without the tie.
I traced off the front sloper on pattern-ease in order to manipulate the sloper darts and compare it to the pattern piece. Since the 14C was closest to my bust measurement, that is the pattern size I started with.
I also compared the back sloper to the back pattern piece.
Here are the changes I made to the pattern:
- Cut the bodice front on the fold.
- Added 1" to the bodice front side seams, and therefore adding 1" to the front portion of the sleeves at the underarm seam.
- Added princess darts on the back.
- Used a 3/8" seam allowance on the side seams.