Around our house, 2010 has become the year of losing the baby-weight. For both Andy and myself.
We've had great success thus far - Andy's lost 30 pounds, and I'm at 20 pounds. Quite an accomplishment!
The bad news is that we are quickly out-shrinking our clothes.
I have a handful of knit jersey dresses that I just love. Most of them were used as maternity dresses while pregnant/nursing... I bought them in pretty large sizes. I literally swim in them now, but love the prints. What else to do, but refashion them!
The easiest thing I could think of was to make an elastic-waist skirt. Here's the first part of what I did!
There it is - the uber-big dress that no longer fits!
I cut the bodice away from the skirt portion.
I think the most difficult part of this project was making the top even. I decided to fold the skirt in half (side seam to side seam), and cut along the top making it curve up just a bit at the side seam edges.
Coming up next - attaching the elastic.