Making quite a bit of progress on the Honey Girl dress! What I love the most is the magical transformation of fabric from shirring...
Just fantastic, isn't it?!? More as a note to myself (because I did A LOT of testing), this time around I used my "specialty bobbin case" (so I could mess with the bobbin tension), hand-wound the elastic thread to the bobbin, and set the stitch length to 3.0. For those who want to know - I used my Husqvarna Viking Designer 1.
I before steaming this shirring on the dress (as the photos show above), I basted one side seam completely. On the other side seam I basted the entire side except for where the elastic casings are. I want to be able to make adjustments to the fit of the elastic (on me!) before making any of the side seams permanent.
The plan is to get to my local Joann's today to take advantage of the pattern sales, and check out their lace selection. I need some inspiration on how to embellish this dress!